I've been blogging about Fall in various posts through out the summer. However, now that we are in Fall figured I'd post a refresher of all of the fun trends out there, links to previous posts and some new trends that have sprouted up.
- Shoes- Dr Martens and Oxfords- Dr Martens boots are everywhere, have been seeing a lot of the fun colors and designs. I've also been seeing tons of oxford shoes, mostly of the "lace-less" versions, maybe a fashionable way of people channeling in their inner Denard Robinson?
- Military- Just blogged about this, its one of the strongest trends out there for fall.
- Red- Has become a fashion, yet basic, color for fall. I walked into a store (which shall remain nameless) one day and it looked a little like a nosebleed... So just be careful not to overdo it on the reds.
- Chunky Sweaters- My initial post was geared towards the guys, however, chunky sweaters are just as fashionable for the ladies. Long and chunky sweaters are versatile- wear them over narrow leg pants or jeggings (we'll get to those).
- Plaid- From shirts to jackets, shoes and pants, plaid is everywhere.
- Legwear- Recently posted about leg warmers. Wool socks, knee and thigh high socks are all just as "in". Really coming on big for cold weather.
- Denim / Jean Leggings (Jeggings)- Jean Leggings have taken on a life of their own. Now available with an elastic waist, (Hallelujah!) this look has become bigger than I would've thought. Jeggings are available almost everywhere, from JCrew to Target, all great.
- Fur- I touched on this trend slightly. Tactile fabrics, namely fur (real or faux) are strong, especially during the back to school season. Definitely see this carrying through into holiday. One option is to wear a faux fur vest with jeans and a turtleneck.